Google AdSense

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Japan in Pictures, Volume 2,The 3rd Most Scenic Place in Japan



Today's Picture- Miyajima, Hiroshima-ken, Japan, April 2006

Story behind the picture:

In April 2006, my wife and I traveled to Hiroshima to visit the place where one of the atomic bombings that ended World War II took place. We later returned in February 2007 where we visited one of Japan's largest Naval bases, Kure.

Aside from Hiroshima (Wide Island) being historic as a modern day city that emphasizes being passivized and police for nuclear weapons, nearby is Japan's third most scenic sightseeing place, Miyajima. I've had some interesting things happen at this place. One time, I went to the nearby mountain by cable car and at the top too a picture of a monkey that nearly attacked me. They inform visitors to not aggravate the monkeys. I wanted the monkey to look at me for a picture and when I whistled at it, it began to charge me. Another thing to note is that Hiroshima's famous food is oysters and okonomiyaki.



The Divine Wind Vault http://divinewindvault.blogspot.com (C)2006-10

No comments:

Post a Comment