Google AdSense

Friday, November 20, 2009

Simple Life in Japan

It was the year 1993, I was in Japan despite not having an interest or any knowledge of the language or culture prior to arriving as a 20-year-old squid in Uncle Sam's Navy.

On a good day back then, I would knock off work around 4:30pm, have dinner at the on base McDonalds then work out at the on base gym, then go to the calling center to call family and friends back home. Some variations to this would be do laundry or go out in town or Club Alliance (aka The "A" Club) at the old main gate after the gym for dinner instead of eating at McDonalds. Why would I eat then work out? I was not big into cardio-vascular back then or needed to be. I would lift since I wasn't too far removed from high school.

One distinct memory of those days was the video that played on the TV in the gym of Phil Collins. With today's technology, those memories can be accessed without having to hunt for an obscure video.

Today's clip is of Phil Collins and his "Serious Band" performing a tune of his 1984 album, "No Jacket Required", "Inside Out".


The Divine Wind Vault
http://divinewindvault.blogspot.com
(C)2006-09