Google AdSense

Friday, June 5, 2009

Japanese Cook Books

From a youtube viewer:

Your videos are fantastic. I would LOVE to go to Japan. I have done alot of traveling around Europe but there are so many other places I want to go. This may be a crazy question, but ...can you recommend any cook books that truly capture real japanes cooking? I LOVED your comments about the 3 lbs of fried rice in a to go box. UGH, I KNOW they don't eat all that fried rice and fried this or that. I want a book that will show true japanese cooking the way it was/is in the kitchens of japanese people before the dawn of fast food and take out. Thanks...8-).

My response:

We recommend the following book by Harumi Kurihara: Harumi's Japanese Cooking: More than 75 Authentic and Contemporary Recipes from Japan's Most PopularCooking Expert (Hardcover)

Funny that you ask about Japanese cookbooks. I'm considering putting together a Japanese cookbook as I find a suitable self-publishing distributor.

To see the video, please visit my December 2008 article, Eating Out in Japan My article on Japanese food at home in the US can be found by clicking here:

The Divine Wind Vault
http://divinewindvault.blogspot.com
(C)2006-09